Thursday, May 31, 2012

Just a friendly reminder...

Greetings All,

I just wanted to send out a quick reminder about our second event of the year which is set for next weekend June 9th & 10th at Beaver Creek State Park (1stbrigade.com/jackson-in-the-valley-reenactment.php). The registration fee is $10.00 and you can get the forms on-line from the website I just referenced above. I do have three members that gave me their registrations and they are as follow: 1st Sgt. Andy Kaminski, Tom Simich, and Tim Brown. Preregistration is still open until June 8th and they are allowing walk-ons for a $10.00 fee, but you don’t get breakfast Sunday morning for walking on. I will not be able to attend due to having to work that weekend, so you will have to register on your own or walk-on for the event. Second, many of you that came out to Burton saw a new face in the rank & file of our band of merry men. That new face is Matt Livingston and he will be a member with us here in the 5th Ohio. So, please next time you see him, welcome him to our group. Third, a big thank you to all the members that came out to Burton and the Memorial Day Parade this past weekend. If anybody has any photos from Burton or the Parade and would like them on the website, please send them to me and I can get them on there. Finally, Beaver Creek will be our last event for awhile. Our next event will be our annual favorite Hale Farm set for August 11th & 12th, and preregistration is $10.00 and is due by June 30th. Those I have received registrations from are as follows: 1st Sgt. Andy Kaminski (shocker), Ken Hillegass, and Tim Brown. Those wishing to have me register for them can mail me there $10.00 or register on your own by going to Hale Farm’s website: www.wrhs.org/Properties/Civil_War_Reenactment_Encampment and if you do register on your own please let me know when you do. That is all I have for now, and if I don’t talk to you all until Hale Farm have a safe, fun, happy summer!

Respectfully,
Brian
Chairman, 5th Ohio

No comments: